It is our goal to continue to provide for your spiritual needs. To do this, we are continuing our Sunday Worship and Wednesday night Bible studies online, as well as providing daily Scripture reading and prayer.
RightNow Media is an amazing digital library for discipleship, parenting, encouragement, entertainment, and study... AND ITS FREE TO YOU!
While we are engaged in social distancing, enjoy using this great resource by logging into your account here: www.rightnowmedia.org
If you don't have an account, you can create one for free by clicking here.
Did you know you can read your Bible on your smart phone or tablet?
Did you know you can listen to an audio Bible on there too?
Did you know that there are hundreds of free devotionals at your fingertips?
The Bible app is a superb resource for your to incorporate the Bible into your daily life. With a verse of the day, devotionals, different translations, and audio Bibles all available, it is an app you should be using. Oh... and its FREE! Click the image to the left to download the app.
Did you know that Lakeport Wesleyan Church is reading through the Bible together this year? Click here to join our Bible reading plan.
The Coronavirus is in the news and on the minds of just about everyone world-wide. There is certainly a lot anxiety and misinformation floating around. I thought I would take some time and offer an official response of Lakeport Wesleyan Church. Our governor has placed a temporary ban on groups of 250 or more people and all public schools have been let out for the next 3 weeks.
First of all, we are a community of faith, not fear. This is an opportunity for us to demonstrate the confidence we have in Christ in a variety of ways. Of course, we will follow the guidelines of the CDC and use all the caution and common sense available to us in responding to this virus, but we have confidence that our God is still on His throne. Let this verse guide you through this season: 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
The Covid-19 virus is now in Michigan, and indeed there are confirmed cases in our area. While this is a serious health situation, we refuse to panic. We trust in God and his care for us. We will not be slaves to fear.
However, based on the best medical advice we have received, and because we care about the most vulnerable among us—especially those in our congregation and community with health concerns, we will NOT have Sunday morning worship service or any other activities until further notice.
Next, I have laid out our church’s response to COVID-19 as well as what I am expecting from our each of you. Please take some time and read through.
Here is what we are doing as a church
• Spending time in prayer for our church, community, state, nation, and world
• Deep cleaning the entire building, and sanitizing every surface
• Providing extra anti-bacterial hand soap at all sinks and encouraging extra handwashing
• Our children’s ministry will be reviewing and implementing best practices offered by the CDC to ensure we keep our kiddos safe
• Sanitizing surfaces on a regular basis during service and gathering times
• Encouraging appropriate social distance, such as foregoing any handshaking or hugging
• Encouraging anyone who is deemed “higher risk” by the CDC standards (compromised health, or the elderly) stay home and engage in worship using technology
Here is what we expect from you
• Pray for our community and world. Pray for the leadership, the health workers, all the families whose lives are being disrupted
• Enjoy the peace that comes through life in the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
• If you or a family member are sick or showing symptoms, please stay home
• Frequently wash your hands
• Avoid physical contact when possible
Here is what you need to know is available to you
• Lakeport Wesleyan Church will make a video message available on Facebook and our website. These are accessible to anyone.
• The CDC has offered a lot of helpful information that is worth your time. Here is a link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Many of you may have already discovered, it is very hard to find hand sanitizer and toilet paper right now. I’m asking if any of our members have some of these items to spare please bring them so we can share with those in need.
This is a time for us to lean into each other and take care of one another. We are a family. It is worth noting that we are expecting to see a significant decline in attendance, which is often followed by a decline in financial giving. The church will still have the same operational costs, and its mission will not be put on hold. So, feel free to drop by your gifts throughout the week to the main office. Many may choose to mail their tithe or use automatic bill pay through their bank. If you need help with your giving, please let us know.
This may prove to be a time of high anxiety or unusual stress. Though we are not professional counselors, we are eager to talk with anyone. If you feel you’d like to have a conversation please call (or text) any of our pastors at these numbers, we are available:
Pastor Drew: 810-990-4617
Pastor Joel: 765-661-1695
Pastor Renee: 810-334-9253
Pastor Doug: 810-531-5093
Pastor Tim: 810-712-2489
As I am sure all parents are now aware, schools will be closed for an extended period of time. We are doing our best to stay informed and to do our part in slowing down the spread of this virus. Please continue to be a Church that would make Jesus proud as we navigate these difficult times. As we know more in the next week, we will let you know what our plans are for next Sunday and any activities next week. Stay tuned.
For Your Pastoral team,
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” - Jesus
We are called to share God's love with you. We are with you on this journey. Come and take your next step with us.